Melissa from Hunters Chase pointed out that Cycled Plastics in Austin recycles foam products, which are not taken and recycled as part of the single stream recycling from the City of Austin and Texas Disposal Services.
From their website at http://www.cycledplastics.com/Services.html :
Public Drop Off Site: Cycled Plastics maintains a public drop point at it’s facility in Austin (at 10200 McKalla Place). The following items are accepted Monday through Friday, 7am – 5pm. (click here for a map)
- Packaging Foams free of dirt or food contamination (EPS #6, PP #5, LDPE #4)
- #2 HDPE curbside bottles that have been rinsed with caps removed
- #1 PET curbside bottles that have been rinsed with the caps removed
- #2 HDPE flower pots that have been lightly washed to remove most of the dirt
- #4 LDPE bags that have had no food contact and have no paper contamination (labels, stickers)